The NSW Office of Environment and Heritage is calling for nominations for this year's Green Globe Awards, with award winners to be recognised at a GreenPowered ceremony at Parliament House in late October.
The Green Globe Awards are the leading environment awards in NSW showcasing environmental innovation, leadership and performance.
This year there are 16 award categories which are open for nomination to NSW small and large businesses, state and local government, individuals, community groups and not-for-profit organisations who can demonstrate significant environmental achievements in NSW.
As a nominee, the 15th annual Green Globe Awards will help you to:
- Gain public recognition at the highest level in NSW;
- Showcase the innovative work, expertise and vision of your organisation or project;
- Network with industry, government and environmental leaders;
- Learn about other projects and initiatives and share ideas with key stakeholders;
- Motivate your staff and suppliers by recognising their efforts in sustainability and environmental management; and
- Build on your corporate reputation and community engagement strategies through your public commitment to the environment.
This year's Awards will feature three new award categories including:
- Built Environment Sustainability Award – Infrastructure;
- Natural Environment Sustainability Award; and
- Young Sustainability Champion Award.
An independent judging panel will decide the best nominees in the state by announcing the 2014 Green Globe Award finalists in September.
An invitation-only award ceremony, hosted by The Hon Robert Stokes, Minister for the Environment, will announce and celebrate the 2014 Green Globe Award winners.
Entries close 5pm Monday 21 July 2014.
Award finalists announced in September 2014.
Awards ceremony late October 2014.